[yasm-announce] ANNC: Yasm 0.7.1
peter at tortall.net
Wed May 14 19:17:39 PDT 2008
I'm pleased to announce the availability of Yasm 0.7.1. This is primarily a
Changes from 0.7.0 to 0.7.1 include:
- AVX instruction bugfixes (0.7.0 errata)
- Build fixes (crashes on some machines)
- Minor CPU flags fixes
Changes from 0.6.2 to 0.7.0 included:
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) instruction support.
- Multi-section binary support in the NASM style (see #71, #99,
- Add support for ELF32 and ELF64 TLS (thread local storage)
- Allow use of 0X in addition to 0x to prefix hex constants (#127).
- Allow underscores in hex, binary, and octal constants (e.g.
- Fix memory sizes on SSE/SSE2 instructions (#119).
- Allow standalone prefixes (#122).
- Simplify new varieties of sym-sym values (#124).
- Support SAFESEH directive for win32 SEH handlers (#130).
- Enable sym at FOO constructs in GAS parser.
- SSE5 condition code support.
- Other bugfixes.
Known issues with this release can be found in the Yasm Trac ticket system.
Release Notes for 0.7.1:
Downloads from the Yasm website include .tar.gz source (for Unix systems)
and Win64, Win32, CygWin, and DOS executables:
Please download, test, and tinker, and most importantly, send comments and bug
reports! Thanks to all those who submitted bug reports and contributed code
for this release. Special thanks go to nasm64developer for AVX bug reports.
More developers are always welcome to join us.
Peter Johnson and the other Yasm developers
<peter at tortall.net>
Yasm development discussion is at <yasm-devel at tortall.net>.
More information about the yasm-announce