[yasm-announce] ANNC: Yasm 0.6.2
peter at tortall.net
Fri Sep 21 12:38:42 PDT 2007
I'm pleased to announce the availability of Yasm 0.6.2. This is primarily
a bugfix release, although a few new features have been integrated since
Changes from 0.6.1 to 0.6.2 include:
- AMD SSE4a and SSE5 instruction support.
- AMD LZCNT, POPCNT, EXTRQ, INSERTQ, MOVNTSD, and MOVNTSS instruction
- 16-bit float value (IEEE-754r half precision) support (desirable for
- Added "oword", "do", and "reso" aliases for "dqword", "ddq",
- Added easier RIP-relative addressing with rel/abs modifiers and
"default" directive to set default rel/abs mode (see AMD64 page
in the wiki for details).
- CPP preprocessor.
- GAS local labels (1:, 1f, 1b) support.
- GAS .org fill parameter support.
- Command line aliases for -d (-D) and -u (-U) for increased NASM
command line compatibility.
- ..gotpc ELF32 bugfix: #114
- Minor bugfixes (CPU setting for a few instructions, hash lookup).
Known issues with this release include:
- The binary object format does not yet support sections other than
.text, .bss, and .data, unlike newer versions of NASM (see Trac bug
Release Notes for 0.6.2:
Downloads from the Yasm website include .tar.gz source (for Unix systems)
and Win64, Win32, CygWin, and DOS executables:
Please download, test, and tinker, and most importantly, send comments and
bug reports! Thanks to all those who submitted bug reports and
contributed code for this release. Special thanks go to Paul Barker for
the CPP preprocessor, arkon at ragestorm.net for instruction set
suggestions, and Jung Lee and Xiaoming Mo for GAS suggestions and testing.
More developers are always welcome to join us as well.
Peter Johnson and the other Yasm developers
<peter at tortall.net>
Yasm development discussion is at <yasm-devel at tortall.net>.
More information about the yasm-announce